Friday, June 11, 2010

In My Old House: My Son's Room

This is my son's room. He is twelve. The room is very small, it's about 10x10. He has a twin bed with a trundle bed stored underneath for friends to spend the night.



He is a big time movie maker. He LOVES his Macbook Pro and he uses the iLive program to edit movies he makes with his friends. I decided to use this passion of his to add some art to his room. I found photos of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Tim Burton, three of his favorite directors, online and printed them as 8x10s at Walgreen's. I bought frames and mattes, and viola! Instant art!

I found a vintage projector and a couple vintage home movie cameras on eBay way cheap and used them as accessories. Beautiful!

Hanging the skateboard on the wall is (1) a way to keep it off the floor and (2) doubles as funky art.



No comments:

Post a Comment